Welcome back to the Con or Bust newsletter, which, approximately twice a month, updates you on Con or Bust events and deadlines and brings you news related to diversity in SFF fandom (scholarships, workshops, calls for submissions, awards, and the like). Your email address will always be kept private and you can unsubscribe at any time, at the bottom of the email.
Con or Bust News
- ASAP: request a last-minute free membership to StokerCon, April 27-30, 2017, Long Beach, CA, USA.
- May 3, 2017: request free membership to MISTI-Con, May 18-22, 2017, Laconia, NH, USA.
- now through May 7, 2017: bid on the auction!
- May 15-25, 2017: request assistance to attend upcoming cons.
Memberships are newly available to the following cons:
- MISTI-Con, May 18-22, 2017, Laconia, NH, USA.
- Worldcon 75, 9-13 August, 2017, Helsinki, Finland.
- GeekGirlCon, September 30 & October 1, 2017, Seattle, WA, USA.
- Imaginarium Convention, October 6-8, 2017, Louisville, KY, USA (membership donated by Apex Magazine).
- Sirens, October 26-29, 2017, Vail, CO, USA.
The following cons donated memberships to Con or Bust (or, occasionally, an individual donated memberships), and are happening now or soon, in case you’re looking for last-minute plans. Unless otherwise noted, memberships are notavailable to these cons.
- StokerCon, April 27-30, 2017, Long Beach, CA, USA (one membership available).
- Ice & Fire Con, April 28-30, 2017, Pembroke, VA, USA
- MISTI-Con, May 18-22, 2017, Laconia, NH, USA (two memberships available).
- WisCon, May 26-29, 2017, Madison, WI, USA.
- The Writing in the Margins Mentor Program pairs an emerging author from a marginalized social group with an experienced editor or traditionally published author in order to work closely on preparing an unpublished manuscript to submit for publication. This program is free of charge to the emerging author. Applications open twice a year, and are currently being taken through May 1 at the program’s website.
- The Speculative Literature Foundation is currently raising funds for the next five years of its Diverse Worlds & Diverse Writers Grants.
Thanks for reading! See you in a couple of weeks.