Item Name & Description: A grab bag of books from Orbit, containing:
- Kate Elliott’s COLD MAGIC (mass market paperback). This is the first book in the ongoing Spiritwalker series, which the author describes as “an Afro-Celtic post-Roman icepunk Regency fantasy adventure,” and which Publishers Weekly called “A wildly imaginative narrative that will ring happy bells for fans of Phillip Pullman’s His Dark Materials Trilogy.” More information from the author’s site.
- N.K. Jemisin’s THE KILLING MOON (trade paperback). This is the first book of the complete Dreamblood duology, “a hugely ambitious tale of culture and empire, war and religion…and the realm of dreams,” that received starred reviews from Library Journal and Publishers Weekly. More information from the author’s site.
- Francis Knight’s FADE TO BLACK (trade paperback). This debut fantasy novel was released this month. The publisher says it’s set in “a towering city that rises up from the deep, dark depths of a valley” and combines “the murky atmosphere of Sin City” and “the action and pace of Brent Weeks or Scott Lynch”; Kirkus calls it “Intensely realized and gripping.” Learn more or read an excerpt.
- Robert Jackson Bennett’s AMERICAN ELSEWHERE (trade paperback). This standalone novel was released this month: “At first glance Wink, New Mexico is a seemingly normal town—except that you won’t find it on any map.” Publishers Weekly gave it a starred review, saying that “Through sharp empathetic detail, the horrific becomes both achingly poignant and comic”; learn more or read an excerpt at the publisher’s site.
- Peter Higgins’s WOLFHOUND CENTURY (hardcover). This standalone fantasy, set in an alternate Stalinist Russia, will be released in March. Publishers Weekly called it a “rich and fascinating tapestry” in a starred review; learn more at the author’s website.
Starting Bid: $15.
Notes: Donated by the publisher. Shipping to U.S. and Canada only, please.
Bidding opens on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time and closes Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. More Information.
This auction is now over. Check out other ways you can support Con or Bust.