Twelve old Star Trek books: Once upon a time Bantam had the rights to publish Star Trek books, before Pocket came on the scene. They published a fair number of them. I won’t say that they were, collectively, worse than the early Pocket products, but some of them were certainly odd.
This auction lot contains twelve of these old books (ten from Bantam and two from Corgi in the UK, but who’s counting):
- Planet of Judgment and World Without End by Joe Haldeman. Possibly not Haldeman’s best work.
- Vulcan! and Death’s Angel by Kathleen Sky.
- The Starless World and Devil World by Gordon Eklund.
- The Galactic Whirlpool by David Gerrold.
- Trek to Madworld by Stepen Goldin.
- Mudd’s Angels by J. A. Lawrence.
- Spock, Messiah! by Theodore R. Cogswell and Charles A. Spano, Jr. While I haven’t read most of these books in many years, I am going to go out on a limb and say that this is the worst one. See this highly-accurate review for details.
- Both volumes of Star Trek: The New Voyages, edited by Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath. Those who remember the editors’ Trek novels are probably cringing, but these anthologies are actually not bad. (They only wrote one of the stories.) The first volume has introductions to the stories written by TOS cast members, and the second has a story by Nichelle Nichols.
All of these are old paperbacks which have wear, and some have price stickers. None of them have water damage or foxing. A few had covers which adhered to each other over time, which is why they have little white torn spots all over them, but the covers are still structurally sound.
Images behind the Read more link.
Starting Bid: $20
Notes: I will ship these for free in the US. I won’t mail them outside the US; recent price increases have made this really expensive. (If you are outside the US and just dying to have these for some reason, contact me and I will see what I can do.) The books will be shipped within a few days of my receipt of the donation notification.
Bidding opens on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time and closes Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. More Information.
Click to enlarge:
This auction is now over. Check out other ways you can support Con or Bust.