There’s less than thirty-six hours to go in Con or Bust’s annual auction to help fans of color/non-white fans attend SFF cons (more about Con or Bust). Bidding ends Sunday, February 24th, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5).
Here are just some of the cool things that are still bargains (a.k.a., how many things I can type up before this toddler sleeping on my left arm wakes up)! You can always check the Google Docs index to see everything quickly, show only things with a low number of bids, sort by price, etc. Do check the “up-to-date as of” in the top corner, please, as I manually update it.
- Signed Jonathan Lethem first editions (currently no bids).
- ARCs of The Lost by Vicki Pettersson–read it early and potentially at a bargain price! (Five available, currently only one $10 bid).
- The Hollows Insider by Kim Harrison–signed, in hardcover, and also potentially a bargain! (Four available, curently only one $10 bid).
- ARC of Handbook for Dragon Slayers by Merrie Haskell, plus The Princess Curse–plus an actual parchment bookmark (or vegan alternative).
- A box of nine Small Beer Press books.
- All the critiques are being offered by incredibly qualified individuals and have very few bids–excellent value there.
- Assorted BPAL bottles, eight of them, to be specific, some of which are limited editions.
- Jo Walton novel covers run through the Pulp-O-Mizer and put on mugs or posters! Not available anywhere else.
- It’s a Galaxy Quest Vox Communicator & Ion Nebulizer, new in its box!
- Custom printed cards, leaflets, or invitations, up to 500 of them, on an actual hand-fed letterpress–how cool is that?
- Two vintage fountain pens, bargains at the current price.
- Amazing Farscape memorabilia, direct from one of the producers.
- Not a lot of jewelry this year, but all of it is beautiful and still excellent value.
- Ditto the food–save me from doing something unwise like bidding on truffles I shouldn’t be eating!
- Stunningly gorgeous, custom-made, handspun, handwoven scarf.
- The Wood-Gnome Book, a handmade blank book by Rosemary Kirstein, inspired by her Steerswoman series; includes a copy of the British edition of The Steerswoman.
There’s more, but unfortunately this toddler is waking up. Post your own favorite overlooked items in the comments, or on Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook, and tell people to come bid!
This auction is now over. Check out other ways you can support Con or Bust.