updated policy regarding requesting monetary assistance

Fans of color/non-white fans: as of now, if you request monetary assistance from Con or Bust for non-refundable expenses, i.e., flights (or, occasionally, hotel pre-payment), you are required to purchase travel cancellation insurance.

Here is some background information on travel insurance: a short article from Consumer Reports; USA Today on comparing plans; and Frommers.com’s Top 8 Travel Insurance Providers. Con or Bust is requiring travel cancellation insurance, so we can get back at least part of the cost of your non-refundable plane tickets if you have to cancel. Any other kind of insurance is not mandatory.

Monetary assistance can next be requested August 15-25. Thanks, and please spread the word!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.